Shelter Works : Navigating the Coronavirus
In these uncertain times, we wanted to take a moment to communicate how Shelter Works is working to continue to support your business’s needs.
We are aware that recent events may have a profound effect on many of your businesses which will undoubtedly impact our business as well. At this point, we want to communicate as much as possible so that we can all work together through these challenging times.
How has Shelter Works prepared?
Last year, Shelter Works spent a significant amount of time updating our disaster preparedness plan. We included provisions for disasters including fire, tornado, flood, etc. While we did not anticipate actions related to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we were able to very quickly adapt our plan to formulate our response. We are as prepared as we can be for a crisis of this magnitude.
• Financial Stability – We have no debt and a strong balance sheet.
• Workforce Capability & Safety – The facility remains open to serve essential markets including gas and water utilities, defense, telecom, and others. To mitigate issues related to the virus, we have requested all office workers to work from home and all production workers to follow the CDC’s recommended guidelines for safety. We are sanitizing common surfaces in the facility twice daily.
• Suppliers – Our critical suppliers are also deemed essential and remain open. We will continue working with them to ensure there is minimal supply interruption.
• Management – In addition to the points above, we have built redundancy into most aspects of our business so that our systems and people are backed up as effectively as possible.
How can I communicate with Shelter Works?
Email and website inquiries are the most efficient way to get in touch with us. If you aren’t sure who to contact or what the best email address is to use, please use the following links below:
Our main number 314-664-9300 has also been routed to an offsite team member to answer, take messages, and forward calls.
How can Shelter Works help us through this crisis?
• We will remain open and continue to produce and ship shelters to meet our current delivery schedule.
• Our sales, engineering, logistics, and project management teams will be available virtually to provide specifications, complete quotes, enter orders, produce drawings and submittal packages, schedule deliveries, and support all production activities.
What can you do to help your team at Shelter Works?
• Communicate – The most important thing you can do is communicate with us about your own business’s situation and current needs. If you need a shelter moved up in the schedule, let us know. If your project dates are slipping, please let us know so we can adjust our production schedule.
• Continue to receive shipments and pay your invoices in a timely manner.
• Stay safe!
We thank you for putting your trust in Shelter Works