The Walls Of Our Fiberglass Buildings
Standard Wall Composition
- Polycor/Stypol Polyester Resin
- Core Materials
- Rigid Polyiso foam board: non-ozone depleting
- Isophthalic Gel Coats
Standard Colors – Polar White, Dessert Sand, Meadow Green and Storm Grey.
- Custom Color Match
- Shelter Works uses a high quality coating that yields a quality finish, with good chemical/water resistance, gloss retention, weatherability, and resiliency.
- Formulated to meet the rigid requirements of transportation, boating, and sanitary applications
Our shelters can be fitted with any structural system you need!
In addition to our exclusive FiberBeam Technology, walls can be customized to accommodate increased structural stability, hanging equipment, additional insulation needs or sound attenuation
Environmental issues & structural stability
Need something structurally sound enough to survive earthquakes or hurricane-force winds? FiberBeam Technology handles the majority of environmental issues for most applications, but if you have a special need, just let us know!
- Snow loads
- Hurricane-force wind loads (up to 160 mph!)
- Corrosive environments
- Seismic events (zone)
- R-10 1.5” Foam Core
- R-14 2.0” Foam Core
- R-19 2.5” Foam Core
- R-21 3.0” Foam Core
- Natural sound attenuation with standard construction
- Additional sound barriers can be added during construction
- If you need to hang equipment on the walls inside your shelter, we can put lumber inside the walls
- We recommend OSB Plywood for minimum warping, but some clients prefer ¾” marine grade plywood to withstand moisture